Friday, October 8, 2010

Coupons can be good...

I love coupons if they're for something that I'd buy anyway. Got this link in my e-mail that leads to a page for coupons for Campbell's products, like canned soup, which is one of my favorite food storage items, so I thought I'd post it. And seeing as how I use soup normally anyway, it's a win-win. No, neither I nor anyone I know of is directly connected to Campbell's, but we like their soup around here, so I will probably be printing some of these out soon...

Oh, and after I wrote the post on emergency lists, I saw this post over at iPrepared. Each family is going to have a very personalized list, but the more ideas that are out there, the more people will be prepared for emergencies, I hope. I love getting more information...

For some reason, my account is being difficult today, so I was unable to post responses to the comments left on my last post. There were some interesting links left about growing food all year round, and I always appreciate it when people take the time to comment--as for the terrariums, the way that I put them together (food container with lid + potting soil) couldn't get any easier, so if anyone tries it, let me know how it works out for you. Thanks Vlad and Book Lady!

I sent one of the children out to count the pumpkins, and it looks like we have seven likely usable candidates for Halloween, pumpkin seeds, etc. Gotta love growing your own... :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I have recently started couponing and am really amazed at the things I am able to save $$ on. There are also lots of things I have been able to get for free or almost free too. The things that I don't use in our house I have been donating to the local food bank so it's a kind of a win win situation. I'm glad to see you blogging again, I've missed your insights!

pelenaka said...

Ball has been offering coupons both in the newspaper & online for canning equipment/jars or lids/rings which are my personal favs. Free or almost free lids means I can decrease teh cost of stocking the pantry.

Marie said...

SciFiChick--Thanks for your kind words! I do love a good deal, and that's an excellent idea to use the free/almost free deals to donate if you don't use them yourself. We have a local food drive coming up, so I'll look more closely at the coupons that I don't usually use. Also need to check for any close to expiration dates on my cans, etc. because if someone could use them now that would be tons better than just throwing them out. Thanks for your comment!

Pelenaka--I've seen the canning supplies out on display and need to get some in for when I finally get a canner and make myself use it. The prices are only going to go up, in my opinion. I am always impressed by those who do can food, and need to get that talent. Doesn't hurt that after the cost of set-up, food storage is less expensive... Thanks for your comment!