Saturday, January 17, 2009

A #10 can of the humor, please....

Food storage stuff first, humor next----priorities, priorities... :)

So, in that light, first, thought I would share this article that I just found on the internet about things you should watch out for when shopping for food. Some things, like the smaller portions for the same price have been mentioned before, but you can never be too careful when you are trying to get the most bang for your buck...

You may have noticed that my current poll is about where people obtain their emergency supplies. One of those places may be the supermarket, which is the subject of the article linked above, but there are other places as well, some of which are in the poll choices. Wherever we get our food storage/other emergency supplies, I hope that all of us are working on it, even a little bit at a time...

Just thought I'd leave a couple of sayings I found amusing today--when you're planning for emergencies, you might as well take your sense of humor along, right?

"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."--Emo Phillips

"I get up every morning determined to both change the world and have one heck of a good time. Sometimes this makes planning my day difficult." -E.B. White

"Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death." - Harold Wilson

"Money is better than poverty, if only for financial reasons." - Woody Allen

Have a good Saturday!

No comments: