Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Fair is fair...

Long-time readers of my blog may recall when I wrote this post on how companies were shrinking amounts of food in their packaging but keeping the price the same. Just found this article where at least some companies are increasing the amounts of food but keeping the price the same. Gotta love more instead of less...

Even though I don't know many (if any) people who consider Doritos survival food, being able to stretch your "normal" food budget may also lead to stretching the amount you are able to spend on your food storage. I wrote about less for your money, so writing about more for your money only seems fair--and as they say, fair is fair.... :)

2 comments:

Stephanie in AR said...

This is off the topic but I remember you posting about oil lamps and thought you might be interested in this post.

http://down---to---earth.blogspot.com/2009/07/how-to-make-oil-lamp.html

Esp interesting to me was adding water to raise the oil level. I would have never thought of that.

Marie said...

Stephanie--This is great!! I haven't bought an oil lamp yet, and this definitely looks doable. This is probably going to end up in a post--thanks very much for your comment and link!