Saturday, November 17, 2012

Buying ahead, blogging ahead: BY #14 for November 21

My BY for the day: Can of green beans

If I were adding anything to go along with this, it would be: Wow, this would be a good time for Ramen noodles. In an emergency, it would be better to be able to eat the noodles as soup so as to utilize the water in the best way possible, although my preferred method of eating them is just to cook the noodles, drain, and add the flavoring to the noodles and whatever I have added as well--usually some type of vegetable like green beans...

You may ask yourself why I am blogging ahead. Wellll, I have already bought several of the cans in advance, but by no means all of them, and I want to blog while I have the list of things bought right in front of me. Also, since Thanksgiving is this next week, I'm thinking that there will be quite a few things on sale food-wise, so if people go shopping with a list of possibilities like the ones I have listed in my BY series, perhaps they can get some of their cans at an even better price than usual. Sometimes, it's not timing for a sale, but a coupon, which gets you a better price,and that is what happened with the can of green beans mentioned here--it was one of my choices for a limited number of cans being sold 2/$1.00.

What about you? Have you gotten any good buys on your BYs? Ah, fun with words... :)

No comments: