Friday, November 30, 2012

BY #23: Yup, another soup

My BY for the day: Baked potato soup (do not add water)

If I were adding anything to go along with this, it would be: Juice boxes (or a bottle of juice would do if you don't mind extra dishes in an emergency. Plastic cups, if you have them, would be disposable like the boxes, and with the bottle you might get more juice for your money...) I've mentioned this add-on before, but have you taken into consideration what your situation would be when it comes to beverages? Water would probably be best, but there are vitamins and energy to be derived from juices. I hope that everyone is thinking about water storage and considering buying a case of water a week between now and the end of the year.

Well, I got to the point that I had to go back through my list of  BYs and figure out what I already have--that's something, right? :) Well, on BY #5, I wrote about Ejemory's idea of canned ham, but I had not actually added anything for that day. So I'm thinking a can of Spam would do the trick until I go looking at canned hams... That's the thing about this series. If you have skipped a few days, if you are just starting now, if you are able to add more today than you will next week, just adapt the series to your needs. What you like to eat, how much you need, etc., will be personal to your situation. I just figure that the more everyone has stored, the better off we will be, no matter what type of emergency situation we find ourselves dealing with...
 

No comments: