Monday, November 26, 2012

BY #19: What was the best deal you found last week?

My BY for the day: Can of green beans

If I were adding anything to go along with this, it would be: Oh, some French-fried onions, a little cream o' mushroom soup, some salt and pepper, milk, an oven to cook in... Can  you tell I made some green bean casserole last week? I love that stuff...

I didn't see as many wonderful deals as I thought that I might before Thanksgiving last week, but I did find a good deal on cans of green beans or corn -- $.44/a can. So I got a few and will make sure at least one gets into my BY storage--those vegetables go pretty fast around here.

How about you? Find any spectacular deals on food storage/emergency preparedness items anytime around Thanksgiving?

 

2 comments:

TM Frugal Gourmet said...

We prefer doctoring the canned stuff. So we started roasting some onions and garlic in olive oil, and when about half done, we added drained canned beans and finished it. Then topped it with crumbled bacon, and stirred it in.

Also, you can add canned veggies, drained, to any casserole. OR make cowboy soup (hamburger browned & drained with onions and garlic; can of green beans, diced fresh or canned potatoes, salt and pepper to taste, Water)..

Marie said...

TM Frugal Gourmet--As always, great ideas! This is why I always encourage my readers to read the comments! Thanks so much!