Thursday, December 13, 2012

BY #36: Sometimes it's all about easy...

My BY for the day: Can of potato soup (ready-to-eat)

If I were adding anything to go along with this, it would be: The usual--crackers, cheese, bread--in other words, anything else that I could get my hands on in my pantry/hopefully still working refrigerator that could feasibly go with soup in a semi-normal situation.

You can buy a bunch of things that you could put together in a soup, as mentioned in earlier BYs, or you can have cans of soup on hand that are ready to eat, and there are advantages to each. If you have three different items that could be combined to make soup, and you just didn't happen to be ready for an emergency when an emergency struck, you could s-t-r-e-t-c-h out those ingredients to cover more than one meal/snack. Combining them in any situation would be more work. If, however, you have a can of soup ready to eat, you eliminate the work aspect, but when that can is gone, it is gone--no saving of other cans for another snack/meal.

I guess it's just more convenient to be prepared, so that you can choose between the easy and the not-so-easy... :) Gotta love options.

No comments: