Saturday, December 15, 2012

BY #38: Just peachy...

My BY for the day: Can of sliced peaches

If I were adding anything to go along with this, it would be: I think I have already mentioned cold cereal, oatmeal, granola bars--anything that would reasonably go along with it, and add some calories as well, since a serving doesn't have that many. The can I have says that there are 80 calories per 1/2 cup serving, with about 3 1/2 servings per can. Eating a whole can might be somewhat filling, but you can s-t-r-e-t-c-h your cans by dividing the servings and adding them to something else.

If I ever repeat myself on these posts, please forgive the repetition--can you believe we're already on day 38? This is the most consecutive blogging I've done in a long time, if not ever. I realize that it is really basic, but what I want from it is for people to either bulk up the food they have in storage with some easy-to-fix, everyday type, easy-to-eat items, or to just start some storage. Long time readers may recall that dairy products have long given me sticker shock in terms of prices--and not so long ago I saw a 2 lb. block of cheese for $9.99. It was, thankfully, not the only cheese available, and there were some 2 lb. blocks for closer to $7.00, but to me that is still really high, and this is at the store that I consider to have the best dairy prices in my area. The way prices are going up, and the drought, and other factors combined make me worry about other items giving me sticker shock sometime in the not-so-distant future. Just hoping that I (and everyone else) will be able to have some storage that will help fill in the financial gaps if the prices do go up...

I don't know what to say about what happened yesterday, except that my heart and prayers go out to everyone affected in Connecticut.

No comments: