Saturday, December 22, 2012

BY #45: No surprise--a repeat

My BY for the day: Baked potato soup (ready-to-eat)

If I were adding anything to go along with this, it would be: Enough cans so that I would only have to use and heat one pan for the entire group, if I were lucky enough to have a means to heat it in an emergency...

There's something to be said for being able to sit down with your group and eat one thing together, plus, fewer dishes to clean if you have the option of using a pan to heat it. But really, it's great to just have enough for everyone to eat, even if you have a number of different foods to choose from...

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

2 comments:

ejemory said...

How about Velveeta or other similar cheese? It has a decent shelf life and I could make my favorite grilled cheese sandwich to go with that soup!

Marie said...

Ejemory--I don't know much about Velveeta, but that sounds like a great idea--with a decent shelf life, it sounds like something worth learning about... :) Thanks so much!